The subscription app market has seen huge growth in recent years with installs reportedly reaching 6 billion between January 2021 and March 2022.
Here are some key subscription app statistics:
- The top 100 subscription apps worldwide earned $18.3 billion in revenue in 2021
- In 2021, US user spending on subcription apps reached $6 billion on the App Store and $2.5 billion on Google Play climbing by 33% and 78% respectively
- The average app subscription costs $33 per month
- Most apps offer monthly or annual subscriptions with an average discount of 49%
- 28% of photography and health & fitness app installs were subscription-based
- 82% of revenue generated on average by non-gaming subscription apps comes from subscription revenue
- Monthly subscriptions have a median first renewal rate of 56%
- Despite the huge revenue and install numbers, only 5% of total mobile apps used a subscription model in order to monetize
How can you best market your subscription app and what are the best practices and tools that will help you grow?
If you would like to find out more about subscription app marketing across the funnel, join us at App Promotion Summit SF – Subscription App Strategies on September 29.